I live in in a small apartment in one of the most wonderful cities in the world. If you are nearby Ghent, I am always up for a cup of coffee.
- I have started the DataTank, which is data portal software for local governments. It complies to the European DCAT-AP standard. Furthermore, it gets the best out of your dataset by lifting it as high as possible on the scale of the 5 stars of Linked Open Data.
- In order to sketch the roadmap of The DataTank, I have written a paper for the MeTTeG conference on the 5 priorities for data portals.
- I have written an article on how to quantify the semantic interoperability of datasets, published in the October 2014 edition of Computer.
- I'm working on DCAT tools for Belgium as part of the dcat.be working group: a way to link together all Belgian data portals
Work going on as we speak
- a board member of the Belgian chapter of Open Knowledge
- founder of open Summer of code
- a community coordinator at the open transport working group at Open Knowledge.
pieter [dot] colpaert aŧ okfn.org